- What can I do if some glue gets on my clothing?
- How can I keep the glue in good condition?
- What do I have to watch out for when I craft with kids?
- How can I flatten the loops of tape that appear in my Pritt Glue Roller?
- Why are there different coloured glue rollers?
- Which is the best method to …
- How much effort does Pritt put into sustainability issues?
- Is it true that the Pritt Stick was the first ever glue stick?
- How can I prevent sticks from drying out?
- Which is the most suitable product for a collage?
- I’d like to know more about the history of Pritt. How did it start?
- Who is the Pritt Character?
- I have an idea that I would like to share! How can I reach you?
- I have some comments about your product. How can I get in touch with Pritt?
Everything you want to know about Pritt
1) What can I do if some glue gets on my clothing?
Even though most of our glues are non-liquid, you may get glue on your sleeve sometimes. Pre-soak the clothing in cold water for about 10 minutes.
Follow the washing instructions on the garment label and don't dry-clean it.
2) How can I keep the glue in good condition?
For long-lasting results place the cap on the glue stick and close it correctly when you don't need it for more than two minutes. This will prevent it from drying out.
All glues like it warm and cosy. So keep them from freezing.
3) What do I have to watch out for when I craft with kids?
Pritt Sticks are solvent-free and the Pritt Original Stick is even PVP-free. Some of our products are made up of small parts (e.g. Liquid Glues), and are therefore not suitable for children under 3 years and should be used under parent supervision.
4) How can I flatten the loops of tape that appear in my Pritt Glue Roller?
If a loop of tape appears in your Pritt Glue Roller, just use it three or more times on a piece of paper. This will make the loop disappear.
The latest models of the Pritt Glue Rollers feature a button which makes flattening loops even easier.
5) Why are there different coloured glue rollers?
We use colours to distinguish permanent and non-permanent gluing products.
Permanent gluing products are indicated by an overall red, while non-permanent products have a bright yellow part. This makes it easy to distinguish them on your desk.
6) Which is the best method to …
We recommend using the PowerPritt Stick, Refill Roller or Roller Compact.
… do creative crafting with paper?
We recommend using the PowerPritt Stick or Pritt White Craft Glue.
… craft with felt, fabrics and clothes?
We recommend the use of the products PowerPritt Stick and Pritt Stick.
We recommend the use of the product Refillable Roller.
We recommend the use of the product Multi Tack.
7) How much effort does Pritt put into sustainability issues?
Recognising the need to harmonise economic, ecological and social goals, Henkel actively accepts responsibility within its sphere of influence and contributes to the global implementation of sustainable solutions.
In 1991, Henkel started to develop alternatives to a variety of raw materials. For the Pritt Stick, Henkel was the first to replace mineral oil-based raw materials with suitable renewable raw materials.
Customers and consumers alike can depend upon the fact that Henkel products and technologies have been tested thoroughly to ensure that, when used as intended, they are safe for health and the environment.
For example, our entire line of glue sticks is solvent-free. Approximately 90% of the adhesive ingredients used in the Pritt Stick are made from renewable raw materials, including water.
The Pritt Stick packaging is PVC-free and certified to comply with stringent EU child safety legislation. The Pritt Refill Correction Rollers are easy to refill, which helps to save resources and avoid waste.
8) Is it true that the Pritt Stick was the first ever glue stick?
Yes, it was in 1969 that Henkel engineer, Dr. Wolfgang Dierichs, invented the Pritt stick. He had the idea of developing a glue stick like this when he saw a woman applying lipstick. Dr. Dierichs thought “Why not create an adhesive in the shape of a lipstick, that is quick, clean and accurate?” – and this is how the Pritt stick was born.
Since then, the world of gluing has never been the same - consumers finally had a clean and convenient method of gluing!
In more than 30 years since the first "tubed glue" hit the market, Henkel has sold over 1 billion glue sticks in 121 countries, distinguishing Pritt as a true worldwide brand.
9) How can I prevent sticks from drying out?
The special airtight cap + tube system keeps the glue fresh for longer. This extends the product's life by several years, which helps to save resources and avoid waste.
10) Which is the most suitable product for a collage?
We recommend using the Pritt Sticks, as their application is especially clean and easy.
Also, the White Craft Glue is perfect for sticking all sorts of material to create collages, pictures, models, etc.
11) I’d like to know more about the history of Pritt. How did it start?
In 1967, Henkel researcher Dr. Wolfgang Dierichs first had the idea for the Pritt glue stick. It took only two years to develop the first Pritt Stick, which resembled a tube of lipstick: small and handy, clean to apply and always ready to use. That was in 1969.
Since then, Pritt has constantly reinvented gluing: from the Pritt Multi-Purpose Glue (1972) to the innovative Pritt Glue Roller (1989), the Pritt Crafting Glue (2010) and the renewed Pritt Stick (2011). More recently, innovations were seen in the decorative portfolio, with the launch of the first glitter glue stick (2016).
In 1995 Henkel purchased the roller business from German firm Pelikan. Under its leadership as the world's number one adhesive manufacturer, Henkel further expanded its roller range to include new, compact and ergonomic designs for correcting and gluing.
The high standards of our products have been recognised by international awards over the years.
For further information on the history of Pritt, please go to the “About Pritt” section.
12) Who is the Pritt Character?
The Pritt Character is the friendly character of the Pritt brand.
The character was invented in 1987 by Mr. Arnold Sindle in Manchester, UK.
In 2007 the Pritt Character was featured on the Pritt glue sticks for the first time.
13) I have an idea that I would like to share! How can I reach you?
14) I have some comments about your product. How can I get in touch with Pritt?
We are very interested in hearing your opinion on our products. If you have any comments or suggestions for improvement, please feel free to contact us.